Friday, April 06, 2007

A Splitcoast card sketch


stamps: Parlez Vous Francais?
paper: Basic Grey Oh Baby Girl (Sarah and Lilly papers), Lavender Lace, Confetti White
inks: Colorbox Chalk ink in Wisteria
accessories: narrow organdy ribbon, Stampin' Pastels, glitter, soft subtles brads
I visit Splitcoaststampers almost every day. I love the new card sketch every Wednesday. Believe it or not, I have yet to participate in the fun. Oh yes, I collect the sketches and staple them together and keep them near my stamp table in hopes for offering layout ideas. I loved last Wednesday's sketch and decided to forge ahead. Earlier in the week I got Basic Grey and it seemed like a match made in heaven. Don't you agree?
A funny note, though. While stamping my real cute, fluffy, girly dog on the Confetti paper, I stamped in such a way that she looked like a "he". I was going to redo it and I thought you all would get a kick out of it. Make sure you click on the picture to make it larger.
Oh, I almost forgot! I am also debuting my new watermark that Kurtis' awesome tutorial showed me! It is a great video and it was fun! I even CASE'd that...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your card is adorable Lauri. I need to give that sketch a try!

Anonymous said...

I too print off and save the sketches each week. During the summer (when I seem to have more stamping time), I usually will do them. Love what you've done with this weeks sketch!

Joan said...

this is adorable. I love that dog and your whole card just works. great job!

Annie said...

Gorgeous card, Lauri! And yes, the "he-thing" on the dog is really funny! LOL!