Sunday, April 15, 2007

my lion's share

stamp: Lion by Art Impressions, background by Just for Fun
paper: Really Rust, More Mustard, Basic Black
inks: Colorbox Chalk ink, Basc Black
accessories: Watercolor Wonder crayons, aquapainter, ribbon

Again with the watercoloring. I actually had to fill the aquapainter up with water today! I have always loved this color combo, especially in Fall. I have had this Lion guy for quite some time and have ever inked him up. Oh yes, I have had big plans for him--adding purty colors to his mane and all. I did find that he has too much rubber surface to do what I had planned with him. I think I would have liked him better if the drawing of this stamp was less heavy. Stamping off first and using the second generation impression didn't help either. He's a stinker. He looks like a good guy card, huh? "King" of his birthday or something along those lines for a theme. "King" for a day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauri,
Great card! I love the choice of everything. It looks great the way you set the lion to the side. I always want to start in the center. Bad habit. Wonderful job!
Shelley

doverdi said...

This card is just stunning. Love the color choices.